Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A couple stories

The Escape Artist
A couple weeks ago when I had picked up Rhyse from daycare my daycare lady (Michelle) told me she had something to tell me but she wanted me to know she was a good babysitter.  She said herself, her son Jared & Rhyse were in the office.  After a while she noticed Rhyse wasn't there anymore & asked Jared where Rhyse had gone.  He said he didn't know.  She looked in all the usual places he goes & he wasn't in any of them.  Then she noticed the screen door on the deck.  She looked out & there Rhyse was standing out in the middle of the yard.  She said he had slid open the door (I can't remember if she said he closed it), he had gone down the steps & into the yard.  As she was telling me how she was looking all over for him I had guessed he went out the sliding screen door.  I know he knows how to open it at home.....

Then last weekend Lee had Rhyse outside & brought him into the house.  I was busy making supper & Lee was in & out of the house.  Rhyse was playing in the living room.  After a little bit Lee comes into the house holding Rhyse asking how he got out.  I said I don't know maybe the door didn't close all the way & he got out.  Sure enough that must have been what happened.  Lee said he seen Rhyse standing in the middle of the driveway. 

One night I was giving Rhyse a bath.  I told him stay in the tub & I would be right back.  I just went into our bedroom which is attached to the bathroom to put his clothes in the hamper when I heard a thump.  I went back into the bathroom to find he got out of the tub.  Then he tried to walk/run to me & kept falling down cuz he was wet & the floor was slippery.  I was laughing at him cuz he kept falling & couldn't figure out why.  Finally he made it to me & the carpet.....

No comments: